How to Build a Canvas Print
How to Design a Canvas Print.
1. You are creating a large print. The larger the canvas size chosen, the larger the JPG size needed to produce a high quality print. As examples, the JPG size recommended for an 8x10 canvas is a minimum of 3 megabytes (preferably larger), the JPG size recommended for a 16x20 canvas is a minimum of 5 megabytes (preferably larger), and the JPG size recommended for a 24x32 canvas is a minimum of 8 megabytes (preferably larger). If you see a ‘red oval with the three exclamation marks’, it is advising you that the photo resolution is too low and the print may not be of acceptable quality to you. For best results, choose a photo that is sharp and clear.
2. Select and click on the product: CANVAS PRINTS.
3. Select and click on a choice for canvas size.
4. You can upload photos with “BROWSE” to find and upload new photos or just go directly to creating a project by clicking “Lets get started!”.
5. You now see you photos across the top on the My Images bar tab. Click and highlight the current template located at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on the “Templates bar” tab on the right to be able to see and choose a canvas format. Select and click on your choice: Landscape photo-wrapped, Landscape black-wrapped borders, Portrait photo-wrapped, or Portrait black-wrapped borders. Click on the ‘Replace with this page’ icon located on the left (bottom icon) of the four formats.
6. On the bottom left of your screen, click on the Left Arrow [Move currently selected page(s) up] icon to remove the visual instructions screen.
7. Click on the My Images bar tab (under the GOphotobooks logo) and you will see your uploaded photos across the top of your screen. Click on the photo you want to use in your canvas and drag it into the center of the frame in front of you. Look for the red-dotted outline which shows what the face of the canvas will be. Any image beyond this red outline will wrap around the frame. If there is image outside the red outline (not wide or tall enough) that you want on the face of the canvas, then use the black-wrapped borders format.
8. Now click the “Save” (near the top right of your screen) to save your work.
9. Now that you’ve saved your canvas project, you can purchase it by clicking “Purchase” that is located near the top right of your screen or you can exit the designer by clicking on the GOphotobooks logo. Your project is now listed under ‘My Projects’ after clicking ‘My Account’ ready for you to edit and/or purchase later.